Question Studying Abroad

Discussion in 'Islam in General' started by Perseveranze, May 28, 2012.

1. Perseveranze

Perseveranze لا إله إلا الله

Asalaamu Alaikum,

I'm asking this question on behalf of someone.

Basically, they want to do further education (University), and they live in the UK. The fee's for Uni courses is expensive, which is why most people take out Student loans.

Student loans however has an inflation interest rate tax, which means it is Riba. That's why this person cannot really get an education in the UK, as they can't afford it without student loan and they don't want to commit haraam.

So the question is;

Does anyone know any alternative? Even studying abroad in another country where a Muslim may not face this kind of problem, where the courses are cheaper?

Any replies would be appreciated and I will pass it on Inshallah.

jazakalahkair.

2. riyadhussaliheen

riyadhussaliheen New Member

I am by no means an expert but I do know a brother who is studying medicine in China. He told me all of his costs together including living etc would be around £5,000 a lot cheaper than here. Also in foreign countries you can teach English part time and probably make a decent wage to pay for your studies.

3. Perseveranze

Perseveranze لا إله إلا الله

Jazakallahkair for your reply bro,

Anyone else have further suggestions?

4. Muadh ibn Jabal

Muadh ibn Jabal New Member

It's all good and well do these courses with less costs abroad, but getting employment afterwards can become increasingly difficult.