Suhaib Webb Slanders Shaykh Bin Baaz with pure LIES

Discussion in 'Islamic Theology and Ideology' started by Abul Faaris, May 22, 2013.

1. Abul Faaris

Abul Faaris New Member

2. hanafimuslimguy764

hanafimuslimguy764 New Member

i really want see the fatwa

3. Abul Faaris

Abul Faaris New Member

If it really exists lol. It doesn't seem to be on islamqa.com as he says.

4. Perseveranze

Perseveranze لا إله إلا الله

Asalaamu Alaikum,

From description.

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  5. green musallah

green musallah New Member

...smoking gun.

6. Abul Faaris

Abul Faaris New Member

Lol. I wonder how Webb is going to get out of this one.

7. Ahmed Ibn Amr

Ahmed Ibn Amr New Member

i read it on opposite day

8. Abul Faaris

Abul Faaris New Member

...and all of his followers will say ..."see he read it on opposite day...where's your husna dhunn?" lol

Abu Hawwa likes this.
  9. Ahmed Ibn Amr

Ahmed Ibn Amr New Member

Yh and then you have to list your 77 excuses, here are a few I thought of :

He didnt get enough sleep the might before and accidently lied and forgot to tell the truth.
    He was talking about is friend Ben Bass (who is really a Pakistani who is after a greencard) and not Bin Baz the scholar astagfurallah
    He didnt say he heard shaykh bin baz saying that as that would be crazy, he said a baked sea bass did when he was hallucinating

Last edited: May 22, 2013
    CQC likes this.
  10. hanafimuslimguy764

he must have americanized that pakistani

Abu Hurairah likes this.
  11. Abul Faaris

Abul Faaris New Member

12. hanafimuslimguy764

Twitter: Tweet 1: I was informed that I had mis quoted a fatwa by Sh. Bin Baz (ra). This is the fatwa I misquoted where he allows nikah
    http://www.alifta.net/fatawa/fatawaD...o=1&PageID=446

Tweet 2: with an intention for divorce. While I did misquote the fatwa, may Allah forgive me, this fatwa has been used to create problems in the US

Tweet 3: it is a fatwa that runs counter to what Muslim orgs and leaders try to build. While it has rooting in Islamic sources, its application in

Tweet 4: our time and place is harmful. I did not intend to falsley represent the sheikh (ra). But this fatwa simply won't fly
    http://www.alifta.net/fatawa/fatawaD...o=1&PageID=446

Source: https://www.facebook.com/suhaib.webb...51588774543080
    https://twitter.com/ImamSuhaibWebb

13. Abu Milk Sheikh

Abu Milk Sheikh Well-Known Member

Does he have any evidence that "this fatwa has been used to create problems in the US" or is he "misquoting" again? Misquoting seems to be his thing.

And the fatwa has been used to create problems all over the World, not just the U.S. So the argument is a non-starter.

AdamSami and Abu'Aaminah like this.
  14. hanafimuslimguy764

The fatwa contradicts American Islam

15. Abu Milk Sheikh

Abu Milk Sheikh Well-Known Member

Certainly. It's perfectly fine for batty-manz to put a ring on it but a (theoretically, according to scholars that allow it) legal marriage between a Muslim man and a woman just "doesn't fly."

al-omari likes this.
  16. hanafimuslimguy764

How does one issue a fatwa than can be considered as "fly"

JustAnotherAnas likes this.
  17. CQC

CQC <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

Don't you know it's part of their Maqaasid al-Amrikiyyah?
    1. Patriotism - must safeguard every American Muslim's love for his country and defend it against its enemies
    2. Freedom - must safeguard every American Muslim's freedom to follow his desires

Complete the rest yourself.

al-omari likes this.
  18. Ahmed Ibn Amr

Ahmed Ibn Amr New Member

Well this is the translation of the fatwa he posted.
    Q. Some muslims travel to non muslim countries with the aims like to study. Is it then permissible for the one who travels to such countries to get married to a women with the intention of divorce. What is the difference between this and Mut'ah.

Getting married to a woman in a non-Muslim country involves a great harm and grave danger. Moreover, traveling to these countries is only allowed under certain conditions for it exposes one to disbelief in Allah (Exalted be He) and ther wrong deeds such as consuming intoxicants, adultery and other evils. Therefore, scholars stated that it is prohibited to travel to non-Muslim countries. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, I am not responsible for any Muslim who stays among polytheists. Staying in non-Muslim countries is extremely dangerous whether it is with the aim of tourism, study, or trade. The students in secondary, intermediate, or university stages who travel to foreign countries to study are particularly in great danger. The country should provide useful study for them inside it and should not allow them to travel to non-Muslim countries to study because of the great dangers this entails.
    [TABLE]
    <tbody>[TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]
    Indeed, a great evil has resulted from this including apostasy, indulgence in evil deeds, consuming intoxicants, and the most dangerous thing, namely, abandoning Salah (Prayer) except those whom Allah (Exalted be He) has protected with His Mercy, and they are few. Accordingly, it is obligatory to prevent people from traveling to these places except righteous people who are known for their adherence to religion, faith, knowledge and good merits if they are traveling to call to Allah (Exalted be He) or to study special fields which a Muslim country is in need of.[TABLE]
    <tbody>[TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]
    The traveler who meets these requirements should adhere to the straight path so as to offer the mission of calling to Allah (Exalted be He) with deep insight or learn what he was sent for. Indeed, there are certain cases excluded from this ruling such as when there is a necessity to learn certain sciences which neither have qualified people who can teach them or it is not possible to bring scholars to teach them in Muslim countries. In this case, it is permissible to send a person who is known for his adherence to religion, faith, knowledge and good merits as we mentioned previously.[TABLE]
    <tbody>[TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]
    There is a difference of opinion about getting married while having the intention to divorce; some scholars consider it reprehensible, such as Al-Awza`y (may Allah confer mercy upon him) and a group of scholars who said that it resembles Mut`ah marriage (temporary marriage for a stipulated period). According to them, it is not allowable to marry a woman while having the intention to divorce. However, the majority of the scholars - as Al-Muwaffaq ibn Qudamah (may Allah confer mercy upon him) opines in his book Al-Mughny that it is permissible if the man keeps his intention unknown to anyone except his Lord and if there is not a stipulation or condition for the marriage, such as to be during the time of study or anything else. If the person fears temptation, he is allowed to get married to a woman even if he has an intention to divorce her when he finishes his mission so long as he does not tell anyone about this and as long as there is not a condition nor the woman or her Waliy (a legally accountable person acting for a woman regarding marriage) is informed about this but he keeps this in himself and thus this is only known to Allah (Exalted be He).[TABLE]
    <tbody>[TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]
    The majority of scholars say that there is no wrong in this in the light of what was mentioned and this is different from Mut`ah marriage, for it is a matter between himself and Allah (Exalted be He) and there is no stipulation here. Mut`ah marriage includes confining marriage to a period such as a month, two months, a year, two years, and so on and agreeing on this between the man and the family of the woman or the woman herself. In this case, it is called Mut`ah marriage and it is prohibited according to the consensus of all Muslim scholars except Al-Rafidah .[TABLE]
    <tbody>[TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]
    This kind of marriage was allowed during the first days of Islam, then its ruling was abrogated and it became prohibited till the Day of Judgment as reported in the authentic Hadiths of the Prophet (peace be upon him).[TABLE]
    <tbody>[TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]
    As we pointed out previously, if a person travels to a country to study or for work as an ambassador or for any other reason that allows him to travel to non-Muslim countries, it is permissible for him to conclude a marriage while having the intention to divorce when he returns if he needs to get married because he fears temptation. However, it is better not to have this intention as a precaution and to escape the difference of opinion of the scholars over this since a husband is not banned from divorce if he sees a benefit in it even if he does not intend divorce upon concluding the marriage

(alifta)

19. Abul Faaris

Abul Faaris New Member

I still don't see where he got the "marry her for a green card and then dump her" line from.

JustAnotherAnas likes this.
  20. Mehdi Hasan Sheikh

Mehdi Hasan Sheikh Well-Known Member

Look what Suhaib Webb is saying is this.

"Why bother listening to the fatawa of the Scholars when you are going to abuse them and misapply them anyway?

Here I am. I have a certificate from Azhar and I've visited the White House and I've been on TV.

I can directly give you twisted fatwa that you need and that will absolve you of the sin of twisting the fatwa yourself. I am a humble and great man and I am willing to carry that sin for you. Does Shaykh ibn Baaz understand the seriousness of a Green Card? No he doesn't. My American Islam knows your plight and will adopt to what you need."