THE MOST SHOCKING NASHEED EVER???, Bring The Sunnah Back

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Abdul Haaq, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Abdul Haaq

Abdul Haaq New Member

saw this on islam channel last night, i was shocked but also laughed. Video contains NO music. The title of the track is probably the biggest contradiction.

<object width="400" height="225"> <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /> <param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1807274&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" /> <embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1807274&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="225"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://vimeo.com/1807274?pg=embed&amp;sec=1807274">Sunnah Back - G2: Return of the Lota</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user780068?pg=embed&amp;sec=1807274">LotaPani Pictures</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com?pg=embed&amp;sec=1807274">Vimeo</a>.

2. Abdul Haaq

Abdul Haaq New Member

Atif and Iboo mission is to provide quality entertainment for a diverse audience in accordance with Islamic Standards. These two Muslim Brothers trying to express themselves in a comedic fashion without having to do standup comedy. The desired medium was video. With a home-video style digiCam, a microphone from Radio Shack attached to a former broom-stick, and one of those cheap bowl-shaped flood lights, they set out to accomplish the impossible: Chronicling the everyday lives of Muslim Youth, in an attempt to bottle the stresses, emotions, and sometimes awkward experiences that we all have undergone through the sometimes painful process of growing up.

Aatif Sharieff was born in Saudi Arabia but was raised in Columbia, Maryland since the age of four. As an artist at heart, Aatif’s creative endeavors in his childhood took him straight through Virginia Tech for his Master’s, Aatif was awarded many Fellowships for his merits in design, film, and photography, sending him all over the world including the UK, Spain, France, Germany, Holland, Chile, and Argentina. He studied film and architecture at prestigious institutions such as McGill UNiversity in Montreal and the Bauhaus Universitat in Wiemar Germany.

Ibrahim Zuberi was born and raised in Columbia, Maryland where he has always been at the center of the Muslim Youth's heartbeat. "Iboo", as everyone calls him, began expressing interest in the arts at an early and developed notoriety at the local level for his producing classic hiphop mixtapes. After a prominent hiphop artist contacted him for production Iboo had a decision to make, and after researching the deen, left the music industry entirely. Iboo continues to maintain a search for Islamic knowledge and has never stopped developing his creative side, making LPP his outlet for both. Iboo has a Bachelors of Science and is currently studying various sciences of the deen with local scholars.

3. Abu Treika

Abu Treika Magoo

jokers, im not sure about the guy in the red shirt in the back doing some awful dance moves but generally it was mildly entertaining

4. Abdul Haaq

Abdul Haaq New Member

that guy in the red symobolises and reminds me of the guy at every jahil wedding/party. the black guy in the shirt n tie is quite funny, the more i watch it the more amusing it is.... im sure one or two of the admins/members wouldve done a good job of making such a video.

5. Abu_Salamah

Abu_Salamah Advertisement

lol. "After that four, bust two more"

6. abumuwahid

abumuwahid <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

It sounds like they used the rhythm and melody from some kafir hip hop song.

I am sure some people find it funny but is this music not haram due to imitation of the kuffar?

7. Noorah

Noorah اللهم ارحم شهداء غزة

weird..justin timberlake much?

abumuwahid, yes it is based on a song

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  8. Abdul Haaq

Abdul Haaq New Member

oh dear...yes ive just been informed that the tune is from a kafir hip hop song:eek:

9. Abu Dharr Al Kashmiri

Abu Dharr Al Kashmiri إني أحبك في الله ♥♥♥

If these guys are at GPU, then i'm bringing a dozen eggs...!

10. It's all right, and it's not a song in itself. It's part of a satirical video they've made.

11. abumuwahid

abumuwahid <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

Not sure about that akhi.

If it looks and sounds like a song then it is one.

I suppose this type of behaviour is acceptable in Americislam.

12. Video/Song - Tragic.

More to the point - distorting a perfectly decent name Ibraheem to Iboo??!!

13. Expergefactionist

Expergefactionist hmmm... Staff Member

The only problem I find with this is the imitation of musical instruments. They could have used a duff.

Otherwise, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with this.

14. Captain Gora

Captain Gora RefuteEverythingThatMoves

A load of crap and a disgrace. Any hip hop video like this by a muslim even if it's about Islam in the deepest possible seriousness is a disgrace to me and putting an honourable thing like Islam to the level of jumping around like monkeys just to get the attention of a few of these people. Better not mix Islam with hiphop and especially when it's this gorilla style monky fashion...even if it's in reality mocking that fashion.

15. izzi

izzi Member

it seems they made a parody of themselves...

16. Abdul Haaq

Abdul Haaq New Member

as with alot of tv channels, programmes and nasheeds recently it seems they find this the best way of attracting the non practicing audience in order to deliver a message. I dont think this type of nasheed was intended for people like us (members of an islamic forum) but the problem is even with the best of intentions those responsible for the production begin to comprimise in some cases.

I was discussing this with a cousin after we were watching peace tv and saw dr zakir naik doing a promo for his dare to ask show. It was embarrasing, you have someone who is seen by many as a scholar doing all them bollywood poses with fireworks going off behind him and the camera shooting him from different angles. I guess if you tell a jahil to watch a show with a indian shaykh talking about islam they may not be interested, but throw in a few pyrotechnics and some beatboxing and they may just listen. I am not justifiying it, just stating the reality.

17. Al Jazairi

Al Jazairi نناديكم و لكن من يجيب؟

What's the difference between using a Drummer with his load of instruments and using a Drummer with his BeatBox mouth in Shariah'?

I have another question, is dancing allowed for men in Islam?

Or let me reform the question, was that a manly way how to act and jump?

18. Raiwand

Raiwand <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

a bunch of jahils acting like gays. totally embarrassing. music in the video as well.
    guess their parents paid jiziya to the government in form of their kids acting in this video.

19. american islam or army of musaylema?

take your pick

20. you can't spread islam using art of shaytan

who told you zakir naik is a scholar?