U.S. Embassy in Iraq Host Gay Pride Party

Discussion in 'Global Affairs' started by Hajjaj, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Hajjaj

Hajjaj Active Member

For One Night, Baghdad Gets a Pink Zone

By Al Kamen
    Friday, May 22, 2009

Change has certainly come to Baghdad. And it appears that includes the U.S. Embassy, where they are holding what the invitation says is the first-ever U.S. Embassy Gay Pride Theme Party next Friday at Baghdaddy's, which is the embassy employee association's pub.

"Come celebrate the start of Summer with color . . . and in costume!" the May 10 invitation says. "Dress in drag or as a gay icon. All are welcome." The invitation was attached to what was called an "All Hands Alerts" e-mail.

An embassy spokesman said by way of explanation: "This is an event organized and sponsored by a group of employees. Given the lack of places to meet in Baghdad, the embassy allows groups to use its social facilities for events on a first-come, first-served basis."

The invitation says, "Prizes will be awarded for two contests: Best Dressed Gay Icon and Best Lip Synch Performance." Unclear what the prizes are, but don't forget to "order costume supplies now in time for May 29th," we're told. "For more info and costume ideas, check out the next edition of The Tigris Times."

Al Kamen - In the Loop: A Gay Pride Party at the Baghdad Embassy

Yes We Can! Yes We Can! Obama brings change!
  2. Muqawama

Muqawama FreeTarek.com

was abu khadeejah the host?
  3. Noorah

Noorah اللهم ارحم شهداء غزة

what fags SubhanAllah
  4. AbuKhalid

AbuKhalid Member

It shows that not only do they want to spread their filthy democratic system but all their other filth within the Muslim lands. Hopefully these homosexuals will fall into the hands of the mujahideen and face the punishment Allah has ordained for them.
  5. moonsighter

moonsighter Labbayka Allahuma labbayk

The host was the Iranian shia
    They like cross dressing for the american troops!!!
  6. Frederiksen78

Frederiksen78 Rain Man

Putting on a dress doesn't make you gay, you know :)
    Also, putting on a pair of pants doesn't make you straight.
  7. anam

anam New Member

homosexuality=western values=homosexuality

next it'll be promoting beastiality in Afghanistan
  8. Frederiksen78

Frederiksen78 Rain Man

What do you mean Anam? First time I've seen you make arguments with no explanation to back it up... I'm worried :D
  9. moonsighter

moonsighter Labbayka Allahuma labbayk

I think you Frederiksen78 are just one of those people that are either here to cause fitnah, assigned here by the zionist/kuffar, or just someone that is blind to truth and moral uprightness so you go to an Islamic site to defend homosexuality and all the corruption of western ideology. Go sit with them.
  10. Frederiksen78

Frederiksen78 Rain Man

Fitnah? I mean no such thing. But I do believe it's healthy to consider things from a different perspective once in a while. That goes for me as well. And no, I'm not assigned to this forum by any organization or whatever - I'm here because I want to, and because I (mostly) get friendly and detailed response to any comments I might make.

Blind to truth and moral uprightness, and defending homosexuality and all the corruption of western ideology... that's quite a wide selection of labels you got there :)

As to "Blind to truth and moral uprightness", I suppose I might be. I don't think I am, but then again, how do I know?

Defending homosexuality... I think I might, yes. I believe that it's a gene defect (and now all homosexuals will be mad at me for calling it a defect). But since I do consider it a genetic thing and not a matter of personal choice, I also don't think it's fair to condemn them for this. It would probably not be wrong if I said that most homosexuals would probably prefer having been born straight. Much easier that way.

All the corruption of western ideology. Hmm, what corruption are we talking about here? I'm not saying there isn't any, just wanted to be a bit more specific. As to ideology, I'm really not fond of the word or the concept. Ideology has a tendency to become "truth" in the eyes of the people who have it. Ideology is conflict, it puts up a wall and splits people between it. I also believe it impairs rational thinking. So I try to avoid it when I can.

A question: Let's say scientists discover a gene in humans that can tell if the person is straight or homosexual. And let's say that gene is detectable as early as infancy. How would you then consider homosexuals, if it was proven that it's not a matter of choice, but a matter of genes?
  11. strive4islam

strive4islam New Member

But it isn't proven to be gene defect so why would you consider it genetic. And as you mentioned it is a defect then ask yourself how do we treat something thats defect,we treat it or isolated if it causes damage to the society which homosexuality does.
    What would you think of a person who tries to stick a food in his throat through his nosdrils (very similar example of gays) would you consider that person normal and justify his action or you would take him to a mental disorders clinic.

Would you also justify a murder to make a criminal feel better? So why to justify homosexuality,it's also harmfull,the only thing is that you see the harm of it in a long run comparing to murder and see's only those who reflect

well,IF doesn't count.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  12. Frederiksen78

Frederiksen78 Rain Man

I consider it to be genetic, since homosexuality also exists in the animal kingdom. Another reason would be for the apparent handicap those people are, you might argue, imposing on themselves. Why would they do that to themselves - to be frowned upon, mocked and sometimes assaulted.

About various illnesses, mental disorders and so on, there aren't any handicapped people you'd consider as being on the road to hell just because they're unable to read very well? Do you judge the blind and deaf and condemn them to hell for being different?

I wouldn't justify murder, no. But how is homosexuality harmful to you or me? I've never been assaulted by a homosexual... unless that drunkard who slapped me in the face was a homosexual, I didn't ask :)

Nope, it doesn't count. Hence the word "if" and not "when".
  13. NoorMDkhan

NoorMDkhan New Member

Hey Guy,
    Don't say about Gene, human can't determine the Gene yet, they just assuming. Like if you pull out yellow wire and see machine stop then note oh yellow wire is controlling on& off option. Human are just in this stage.

I have being very good contact with Gay. They always fall to me (thank to ALLAH for giving hate on that kinds). I interviews and learned that once they F**K by chance they start changing mind, other kinds is over sexual desires and curious to test lady felling.
    May be you scientists who discover the gene error might be gay or supporter of gay. Did you know what he said, any proof ? No !!! you just fall to believe because of scientists.;
    Let me say even warriors in time of Alexander the great there were gay who like that kind of pleasure. not by gene.
  14. Frederiksen78

Frederiksen78 Rain Man

I'm sorry, but I had a bit of a hard time understanding all your statements, I'll elaborate on my questions as I move along.

They fall to you? What do you mean? And about Allah giving hate, does he do that?

And about the f'ing by chance... what's that? Is it about gay people becoming straight once they start learning to know the female sex a bit better?

The stuff you wrote in all capital letters I didn't get... something about animals not being able to be gay, since they don't think like we do.

About scientists finding proof for a gay-gene, I'm sure that even if it was a gay scientist who first discovered the gene, hundreds of straight scientists would double check the test results and form their own conclusion. How that turns out has yet to be seen.

I don't automatically believe things to be true, just because a scientist says so. There have probably been loads of claims made by renegade scientists over the decades who were wrong.

Your last comment about people during the time of Alexander the Great is interesting. It was in fact quite popular for certain male groups in society to perform homosexual acts. I must admit I've never looked into this "phenomenon", but I'm sure others have. I might try to google it later.
  15. strive4islam

strive4islam New Member

Why are gay people thought to be more prone to HIV infection?

Homosexual men are more likely to be infected because HIV spreads most efficiently through anal intercourse. Because the colon is still active even close to the rectum the body absorbs the virus directly into the bloodstream once it enters the colon.
    Condoms are not perfectly effective in preventing HIV infection even when they are used properly and do not break. High reported levels of promiscuity significantly increase the chances of coming into contact with the virus.

Gay bowel syndrome is a clinical pattern of anorectal and colon diseases which occur with unusual frequency in homosexual patients
    proctitis is one of the maladies associated with gay bowel syndrome and greatly increases the chance of HIV infection.<SUP id=cite_ref-12 class=reference>[13]</SUP><SUP id=cite_ref-13 class=reference>[14]</SUP> In 2004, Jeffrey D. Klausner, Robert Kohn, and Charlotte Kent reported in the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases the following: "Proctitis, or inflammation of the rectum, is a condition that is not uncommon among men who have sex with men (MSM), and, in HIV-negative men, greatly increases the risk of acquiring HIV infection. With the recent increases in bacterial sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) among MSM in the United States and Europe, there has been a concomitant increase in the number of cases of clinical proctitis."<SUP id=cite_ref-14 class=reference>[15]</SUP>

Sexually transmitted diseases that cause proctitis include gonorrhea, syphilis, cytomegalovirus, herpes, chlamydia, lymphogranuloma venereum, shigella and amebiasis.<SUP id=cite_ref-18 class=reference>[19]</SUP><SUP id=cite_ref-19 class=reference>[20]</SUP> According to the Mayo Clinic article, proctitis is a condition mainly affecting adult males

As mentioned earlier, amebiasis and proctitis are both illnesses associated with gay bowel syndrome.<SUP id=cite_ref-38 class=reference>[39]</SUP> In addition, it was also indicated previously that amebiasis can cause proctitis which increases the risk factor in regards to HIV infection.<SUP id=cite_ref-39 class=reference>[40]</SUP><SUP id=cite_ref-40 class=reference>[41]</SUP> In 2006, the The Medical Journal of Australia reported the following:

<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none" class=cquote><TBODY><TR><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman', serif; COLOR: #b2b7f2; FONT-SIZE: 35px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; PADDING-TOP: 10px" vAlign=top width=20>“ </TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 4px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 4px" vAlign=top>High rates of intestinal parasitism are found in MSM [men who have sex with men] throughout the world. Amoebiasis has become endemic in MSM in Japan and causes significant morbidity and mortality; complications such as colitis and liver abscesses occur more frequently in homosexual and bisexual men than in heterosexual men.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  16. destinyfate86

destinyfate86 New Member

many people are homosexual by choice. The more common and acceptable it is people are more likely to see it as an option. This could also be a test from Allah. Having feelings towards someone from the same sex as you is one thing and showing your feelings to that person is another. Those that are patient despite their feelings will be guided to the right path. It all comes down to choice.

So then maybe there's a gene for smoking too! and drugs! and a gene that makes you murder! ......a gene for everything!.......................NO these are all deceptions and only affect the weak.

Yes maybe some are more likely than others to do these things but Allah tests us individually.

These are all tests from the almighty Allah
  17. Frederiksen78

Frederiksen78 Rain Man

You don't have to write in capital letters. I'm not deaf ;)

What you stated sounds true, and it's old news about HIV being transmitted easily from anal intercourse. However, what danger does that present to you when you're not having anal intercourse with gay men? They can live their lives and (perhaps) die of whatever disease they picked up along the way. But remember, HIV is not magically conjured up during sex - it has to be transferred from someone who already has it. If two gay men grow up without being sexually active and end up becoming partners, then there's no way they will ever get HIV (besides the unfortunate blood transfer or whatever).

Yes and no. I think the reason you see more gay people in so-called liberal societies is that they feel safe to reveal their secret. What happens if a man walks hand-in-hand with another man down the streets of Riyadh, or kissing on a bench in Medina? What are the chances they will admit their sexual orientation to friends, family and perhaps wife and children? If it was me in that situation, I'd probably stay really, really quiet - and I don't think it would be a problem to convince myself that it's just a phase I'd have to get over. When society accepts people being gay, then it will naturally cause more gay people to be open about it.

It could be a test, yes. But wouldn't that be like a really bad joke? I mean, some people would have been given feelings toward other men as a "test" while others have not. If a person for instance placed his wallet on the table at home, knowing that there was a chance his son would take some money? Not only that, but the wallet had been soaked in a special poison which would make the person touching it die after hours of agony. A test? No, an act of malice. And you think it's a good test to give some men the lust for other men, and not just kill them if they act on it - no, let's have them suffer in eternal flames. Pardon my language, but to me that's a stupid, cruel test. If I don't want my kids to take my money, I'll tell them. Not kill them.

Well, there might be a gene for those things :) In fact, there's a chance (risk) that there are genes for much more stuff than we'd really like. But just because someone has a gene for aggressive behavior, it doesn't mean the person will act upon them. Learning to know oneself will help regain control. I mean, we don't really act on all instincts do we? Sometimes I want to punch someone, but I don't.

I'm sorry for the harsh words regarding my view on the divine tests you mention, but as you can probably understand it's something that has completely eluded my understanding. If you can at least make me understand how you make sense of it, then I'd be really thankful.
  18. Mu'awiya

Mu'awiya New Member

Those who claim that homosexuality is right, their reasoning is that these people should have the freedom to have a relationship which they desire without anyone restricting their rights.

They also believe that the homosexual gene can be inherited [although i wonder how this is if a homosexual couple cannot have children together.] Although there is some research to support this, there is also research to prove that homosexuality is not genetic and effected by social factors only.

Incest Moral?

Now, if people use that as the basis of argument - then they need to question whether it is okay for a brother and sister to commit incest? If they love each other? Why is it still illegal in many parts of the US whereas homosexuality isn't?

If they still agree with that, then they should know that this is immoral, not just because they are having sex with their own family members, but because their children are likely to be affected a great deal by this, since having sex within closer relatives poses more of a threat of genetic diseases.

Sex with Parents Moral?

If the person still believes that they should be allowed to do that, then is it also moral to have sex with ones mother or father? If they both are mature and fit for it, willing to do it?

If someone says that this is moral, then who will their children be? Will they be sons/daughters? What will their child be to them? It can't be a son/daughter, nor can it be a brother/sister - so who is this child to them?

Is this really moral?

Sex with Animals Moral?

How about having sex with an animal, is this moral? Some may argue that animals cannot consent for sex, but what if an animal makes the first move and approaches the person sexually, is it moral then to have sex with that animal?

Eating your Partner?

If the person is still going to play along and think that this is moral, is it moral to have sex with ones partner, and after having intercourse with them - you kill them and then eat them. Is this moral, if both parties had consented to it?

Since people like comparing themselves to animals so much (by arguing that some animals do homosexual acts 'so humans can do it to'), i'd love to hear a response to this - especially the last one (since fishing spiders * eat their mates after mating.)

VORACIOUS female spiders just cannot help trying to eat suitors before sex. Why? It's their aggressive personalities.

Females of several spider and mantis species dine on their partners, but only after acquiring the sperm necessary to fertilise their eggs. By providing his mate with a good meal, the male increases his own reproductive success. But that doesn't explain the behaviour of females that opt for dinner instead of sex, as fishing spiders (Dolomedes triton) often do. "Eating your mate during or after copulating, that's no big deal. Eating your mate beforehand, that's weird," says Chadwick Johnson at the University of Toronto, Canada.

homosexuality, is it right?
  19. strive4islam

strive4islam New Member

what capital letters has to do with deafness, i would put video for you if i thought you are deaf ,i thought you are blind so i made letters as visible as possible.

and stop smiling ,besides that it is against the forum rules it looks so cheesy

what if not?

all your argument is based on IF'es and no facts.

i wasn't triing to proove you anything i only asked you a question,so i am done responding on this thread.
  20. Frederiksen78

Frederiksen78 Rain Man

Some food for thought there Mu'awiya. I'm sure one could spend a long time arguing as to exactly what should be permitted in a so-called liberal society. Is everything up to the individual, even though it might cause harm to the children who could suffer genetic defects from having a mother and a son as parents? I don't think so. I just find it a bit sick.

Sorry, I hadn't noticed you being female. I do know the forum rules, and I apologize.

Well, if they were NOT staying away from sex before marriage (partnership?) then of course there would be a risk of them getting HIV.

I'm sorry, what question was it you asked me? You linked the diseases that homosexuals have an increased chance of getting - and concluded that I can't use words as "I think" or "I consider". I wasn't in any way insinuating that there are not dangers involved in the gay community. What I was asking the other poster was simply what danger the homosexual put him in. I mean, a homosexual doesn't pose a threat to me. I'm not involved with him sexually, and a handshake doesn't transfer the disease. That's why I was asking about the harm - not the harm to the homosexual. We all agree about that.