Who is Sheikh Abu Usamah At-Thahabi ??

Discussion in 'Islam in General' started by UmmDawoud, Jun 16, 2012.

1. UmmDawoud

UmmDawoud New Member

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh..

I know he is an african-american convert, I´ve seen him on youtube..
    But what are his views? Is he soft, does he think jihad is fard or like other most african-american converts - he believes the saudi king is our ruler??
    And what about Abu Taubah?

Because I like their speeches, but I dont wanna listen to madkhalis and whatever..

Barakallahu fikoum..

2. Die for Allah

Die for Allah TIOCFAIDH AR LA

http://forums.islamicawakening.com/f18/jihad-abu-usamah-adh-dhahabi-50235/

From the above thread

abu hafs likes this.
  3. UmmDawoud

UmmDawoud New Member

So he´s a madkhali?
    Great, another one.. Just what we needed..

What about Abu Taubah? He seems reasonable enough..

4. Die for Allah

I haven't listened to much of his lectures and dont know his views, may Allah free him, Aaameeen.

Abu'l 'Eyse likes this.
  5. Muadh ibn Jabal

Muadh ibn Jabal New Member

The madkhalis down the road at Wright St certainly dont consider him to be a madhkhali.

He is an Imam at Green Lane Masjid which is Ahle Hadith. An interesting character. Cant help but take digs at Hanafis and Pakistanis every so often.

Abu'Aaminah likes this.
  6. Abu Najaax

Abu Najaax Well-Known Member

He is a Madkhali that has reinvented himself for the UK market, after being thrown off the manhaaj in the USA. He has a lot of skeletons in his closet from his time in America, if people knew half the stuff the wouldn't sit in the same room as him.

7. Die for Allah

8. abuhannah

abuhannah Well-Known Member

UmmZubayr, JMC, Awakened and 5 others like this.
  9. Die for Allah

Yes akhi that much is clear and the article itself states as much, I just thought it'd be interesting to note that the local paper has decided to bring this accusation/rumour which has been doing the rounds for a very long time into the wider public domain. I am not making an accusation of adultery against Abu Usama.

abuhannah likes this.
  10. Abdul Malik

Abdul Malik New Member

He's not madkhali in the sense of Jarh/Ta'dil /refuting / following Shaykh Rabee.

He's madkhali in his stance towards Salafi fiqh madhahib, and Jihad...

I do find benefits in some of his lectures, and from my understanding of aqeedah, he is to be of sound aqeedah..

JMC likes this.
  11. Abu'l 'Eyse

Abu'l 'Eyse Rep-manz

There is a chap from birmingham by that name, all accept the sheikh part, unless you mean: sheikh your booty for ahle hadis in defence of usama Hasan or Shiek kebab which is served by suhaib Hasan with a side of shahi sheikh kebab shalon and roti

Tuwaylib likes this.