Who wants to help me transcribe the "heroes" lecture? :D

Discussion in 'Helpers' Corner' started by Mu'awiya, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Mu'awiya

Mu'awiya New Member

Asalaam alaikum

You can pick which hero you want to write on, first come, first serve.

All you have to do is, write down what's been said in the lecture (transcribe it) [each talk is about 1 hour each], and then post it here. :D

So who do you want to pick?

Heroes Of Islam

[​IMG]
    The life of the Muslim Ummah is solely dependent on the ink of it's scholars and the blood of it's Martyrs." - Shaykh Abdullah Azzam (May the Mercy of Allah be with him)Indeed history is written in the colours, black - the ink of its scholars, red - the blood of the martyrs. Maktabah Sound Studio is proud to introduce "Heroes of Islam" a series of lectures exploring the lives of some of the greatest men in the history of Islam these being:-

2. Mu'awiya

Mu'awiya New Member

asalaam alaikum

I'll try to do Syed Qutb insha Allah, that one's amazing.. like a movie plot; involving history, clashes of civilization, revolution, deception, betrayal, sadness, and joy...

I wna do that one :D

3. anon

anon New Member

walaykum salam warahmatullah

inshallah ill try and do shayk ul islam ibn taymiyyah

4. Mu'awiya

Mu'awiya New Member

asalaam alaikum

jazakillah khayr

5. Indefinable

Indefinable Umm Mujahid

Wa'alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullah,

I'll do Abdullah bin Al-Mubarak Inshaa'Allah - when does it have to be done by?

6. Mu'awiya

Mu'awiya New Member

asalaam alaikum

As soon as possible insha Allah.

jazakillah khayr for getting involved.

7. Sibghatullah

Sibghatullah New Member

Wa 'alaykum as salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

I'll do Muhammad Al-Fatih and Shaykh Abdullah Azzam in sha Allah.

8. Mu'awiya

Mu'awiya New Member

asalaam alaikum

I think the brothers who gave a talk on Abdullah Azzam got the info from this book;
    The Lofty Mountain

[​IMG]

The Lofty Mountain contains the translation of perhaps the last book that Sheikh Abdullah Azzam wrote before he was assassinated. It is a unique biography of an individual that is not known to many people: the martyred Sheikh Tameem Al-Adnani from Palestine, whose soul left this World in 1989,

Pages 11-20.

So you can copy and paste from that, or you can use that as a template to your final one. Or if you want, you can select another hero instead.

It also means that we don't really need to transcribe one on Shaykh Tameem either, because the book covers enough detail.

The final one of Shaykh Tameem [Current Affairs] is a talk of his own, and i believe in that exact month he gave the talk [of Ramadan], his du'a came true, and he got shahadah then.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  9. Sharif

Sharif Transient Traveler

Wa 'Alaikum as-Salaam wa Rahmatullah,

I will do the one on Salahuddin, insha'allah. I may also do others from whomever is left if I find some time.

10. Mu'awiya

Mu'awiya New Member

asalaam alaikum

whats your guys' progress? i've done around half of the lecture [30mins]. Got another half hr left yet. you all?

11. Hear and Obey

Hear and Obey New Member

Salaam alaikum

when do you need it by? ive got exams atm..but inshaAllah i can do some after my exams

12. Mu'awiya

Mu'awiya New Member

asalaam alaikum

whenever u can.. i just wanted to know if people had done anything at all though.

13. Hear and Obey

Hear and Obey New Member

InshaAllah..
    good idea though..i was thinking bout same thing myself a while ago. what do you need it for?

14. Hear and Obey

Hear and Obey New Member

btw.. started on Imam Malik (am just writing everything word for word, you can edit it as you like)

15. Mu'awiya

Mu'awiya New Member

asalaam alaikum

i wanted them to be emaan boosters which people could read, since more people read than hear lectures.

16. Indefinable

Indefinable Umm Mujahid

(Apologies for the late submission).

Attached Files:

17. Mu'awiya

Mu'awiya New Member

asalam alaikum

jazakillah khayr. that's the first one!

18. Sharif

Sharif Transient Traveler

As-Salaamu 'Alaikum wa Rahmatullah,

Here is the transcript for the lecture on Salahuddin al-Ayyubi. I tried to keep the style of transliteration consistent with the spelling employed in the title of the lecture. For the most part, the transcript is quite literal and word-for-word. Check it out - if you need, I can try to edit it to make it flow better in reading.

Attached Files:

19. anon

anon New Member

assalamu alaikum
    i've finished mine but i don't know how to attach files. any help?

20. Mu'awiya

Mu'awiya New Member

asalaam alaikum

anon, if you want you can just paste the text as a post.

jazak Allah khayr to everyone :D