Yahoodi Concept of God?

Discussion in 'Islamic Theology and Ideology' started by AnonyMousey, Apr 10, 2008.

1. AnonyMousey

AnonyMousey Student of Life

As-salaamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh,

I've been wondering for a while now what the Jewish concept of God is... it's obviously not Tawheed, but it's not Trinity either - so what is it, exactly?
    Can anyone (bro Yusuf al-Khattab, perhaps?) briefly and concisely explain what the Yahood believe about Allah and how it contradicts Tawheed?

JazakAllahu khairan.
  2. Mu'awiya

Mu'awiya New Member

Asalaamu alaikum

Jews have alot of sects, which have wide ranges of different beliefs. I've come across some who believe in reincarnation, and yet there are others who have totally different beliefs to that.

Anyway, here's a good link insha Allah:

The site's made by brother Yusuf Al Khattab, and his pictures on the homepage. Insha Allah it'll benefit.

Dr Zakir Naik has an interesting ebook called the concept of God in major religions
  4. Suhaib Jobst

Suhaib Jobst 'Amal Ahl al-Madina

Although written from a christian perspective, the following book documents the true nature of jewish "monotheism":

ISLAM remains separated from the various other religions, particularly the so-called "monotheistic" faiths. While the jews and christians may consider that they are "monotheistic", let us stand distinct and proclaim the Tawhid, which is not theistic but a profound reality. It is submission to Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala).
  5. Daniel

Daniel TAFKA BM

Well, the Jewish faith is monotheistic in a very general sense. Theoretically speaking, Judaism has a strong stance on the oneness of God which any Muslim can appreciate:

"I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. You shall have no other gods before me" (Exodus 20:2-3)

"Do not bow down before their gods or worship them or follow their practices. You must demolish them and break their sacred stones to pieces" (Exodus 23:24)

"Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD alone." (Deuteronomy 6:4)

"Do not associate with these nations that remain among you; do not invoke the names of their gods or swear by them. You must not serve them or bow down to them" (Joshua 23:7)

With that clearly noted, the problem with the Jews is there extreme arrogance and their quickness to transgresses the boundaries that Allah has set for them, and indeed their own corrupted Torah is a proof against them: they were quick to abandon the revelation of the prophet Musa to worship the Golden Calf, their consistent ingratitude to their Lord and their grumbling against him (for example about the food they were feed from God, instead asking for onions, garlic, etc), their persecution and slaying of the prophets sent to them (they sawed Isaiah in half, they killed Zachariah, beheaded Yahya, and tried to kill Jesus, though God saved him), their corruption and distortion of their scriptures, they took their Pharisees and rabbis as lords beside Allah, they claimed that the Hand of Allah is chained up, they claimed that they were rich and Allah was in poverty, and this is just a small sample of their activities as found in both the Qur'an and the Bible.

* (I'll comment more on this when I get the chance, insha'Allah, with specific references).
  6. asharee_salafi

asharee_salafi New Member

I have wondered this aswell........

Although it seems that many Muslims always raise political disputes with them, few aqeedah matters like the golden calf, killing Prophets are mentioned BUT, the Jews may not admit to this.....

Maybe some more help can be given.
  7. Mu'awiya

Mu'awiya New Member

asalam alaikum akh

nah its in their scripture still, but subhan Allah there's pure evil in what they say since they accuse Prophet Haroon of carving the calf!

So you see that they have alot of evil against the Prophets, including Prophet Sulaiman, Prophet Lut and Prophet Noah too.

But the stories remain in their scripture, although with some alterations.
  8. asharee_salafi

but do they admit to this?

im not denying that they did this, the Qu'ran is clear, but if you in a debate with a Jew, thne we need to use verses from their own books.

Jews today don't worship calfs do they? Also, who is Ezra and do todays Jews say Ezra is the son of God?

Maaaan I wish their was some Islamic articles on this.
  9. Mu'awiya

Mu'awiya New Member

Just do a google search, you'll find it. It's easy to access the Bible online (the bible consists of the Old Testament [supposedly what Moses received of the Torah and the Psalms of David] and New Testament [the Gospels of what some guys writ who were Christians - Christians don't believe that Jesus had a Gospel since they believe he is god])

Here's a link on the incident from the Bible:

It's in Exodus 32: 1-6

In the Qur'an it's in Surah Ta-Ha 20: 83 (with tafsir)

You might find this thread relevant for an Islamic explanation of where Bani Israel went astray from:

the explanation is given here, that it was some jews during the time of Rasulullah (sal Allahu alaihi wasalam) and not the jews of today:

That actually supports our understanding that Bani Israel have gone through soooo many different stages, so different sects have arisen with different beliefs. Because they were influenced by other religions and cultures.

Allah knows best.
  10. asharee_salafi

ah ha!

thanks for this
  11. AnonyMousey

AnonyMousey Student of Life

JazakAllahu khair, bro Mujahid and Mu'awiyah!
  12. tawheedullah

tawheedullah <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

It was Finhas, the chief Rabbi of Madinah who said "Ezra is the son of God". He also said "Allah is poor and we are rich."
  13. Layth

Layth Abu Shawarma

I saw a lecture by Shaykh Bilal Philips once where he says that some of them believe that God came down in the shape of a man and that Prophet Ya'qoob restled with Him and actually won! They claim that 'Israel' means "the one who restled with God".
  14. tawheedullah

tawheedullah <A HREF="showthread.php?t=70991"></A>

Not "some of them", all of them. This is in the Bible. Genesis chapter 32.

The Christians say it was an angel, though.
  15. Layth

Layth Abu Shawarma

Oh ok, I thought it was in the talmud? Jews rely more on the Talmud than their bible.

Anyone got quotes from the talmud?? I hear there is alot of filth in it. I think if one wants to learn about jewish theology it is best to focus on the talmud since that has become their primary source of knowledge (according to what I've been taught)
  16. read the filthy lies and slanders/Shirk in the talmud here :

Talmud Exposed

Penalty for Disobeying Rabbis

Erubin 21b. Whosoever disobeys the rabbis deserves death and will be punished by being boiled in hot excrement in hell.

Hitting a Jew is the same as hitting God

Sanhedrin 58b. If a heathen (gentile) hits a Jew, the gentile must be killed.

O.K. to Cheat Non-Jews

Sanhedrin 57a . A Jew need not pay a gentile ("Cuthean") the wages owed him for work.

Jews Have Superior Legal Status

Baba Kamma 37b. "If an ox of an Israelite gores an ox of a Canaanite there is no liability; but if an ox of a Canaanite gores an ox of an Israelite...the payment is to be in full."

Jews May Steal from Non-Jews

Baba Mezia 24a . If a Jew finds an object lost by a gentile ("heathen") it does not have to be returned. (Affirmed also in Baba Kamma 113b). Sanhedrin 76a. God will not spare a Jew who "marries his daughter to an old man or takes a wife for his infant son or returns a lost article to a Cuthean..."

Talmud Exposed

Jews May Rob and Kill Non-Jews

Sanhedrin 57a . When a Jew murders a gentile ("Cuthean"), there will be no death penalty. What a Jew steals from a gentile he may keep.

Baba Kamma 37b. The gentiles are outside the protection of the law and God has "exposed their money to Israel."

Jews May Lie to Non-Jews

Baba Kamma 113a. Jews may use lies ("subterfuges") to circumvent a Gentile.

Non-Jewish Children are Sub-Human

Yebamoth 98a. All gentile children are animals.

Abodah Zarah 36b. Gentile girls are in a state of niddah (filth) from birth.

Abodah Zarah 22a-22b . Gentiles prefer sex with cows.

Shabbath 116a. Jews must destroy the books of the Christians, i.e. the New Testament.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  17. Mu'awiya

Mu'awiya New Member

Asalaam alaikum

The evil that is said about the Prophets in the Bible (which both christians and jews accept);

Prophet Noah i.e. he was a drunkard and was naked infront of his sons [Genesis 9: 20-4], or Prophet Lot (i.e. false claims that he commited incest with his daughters! [Genesis 19:30-8) or the claim that Prophet Aaron created an idol while Prophet Moses was talking to God (Exodus 32: 1-6) [a Prophet going against the first commandment?]